The Caring Ministries of Saint Joseph United Methodist Church encompasses the very essence of life today. Our focus is on people. We want to assist each person in making life choices that will allow for the best life that can possibly be for everyone involved.
As a congregation, we strive to share the Heart of God through providing opportunities for meaningful self discovery and growth. We also seek ways to provide the sharing of one another’s joys and hardships and sorrows. We want to share Christ though caring.
The growth of our spirits most often comes in the struggles of our lives. No one ever needs to face the unknown alone. At Saint Joseph we offer Faith and Hope in God through Jesus. We offer an environment to build your life with the tools to shape your life into all that God intends it to be.
Ministry to the Hospitalized
Trained volunteers and pastoral staff provide encouragement and prayer as they visit those who are ill in area hospitals. If you are in need of a visit, or wish to be trained so that you may volunteer to make visits, please contact Christi Murray at 260-485-9681 x103 or email@example.com.
Stephen Ministers are the “After People”. They are there after:
- the phone call you hoped you’d never get
- the divorce papers are served and the bottom falls out of your life
- the funeral, when everyone has left and the emotions you’ve held at bay come crashing in on you
- the doctor says, “I’m sorry, but there’s nothing more we can do.”
- the nursing home director shakes your hand and says, “Welcome to your new home.”
- the last child honks the horn, waves, and drives away – and the house suddenly seems empty
- the gavel goes down, the handcuffs go on, and your loved one is led away
- the baby arrives, demanding more of you than you ever dreamed possible
- you find a pink slip with your final paycheck
- your family and friends have heard your story one too many times, but you still need to talk it out
These caring lay people provide confidential one-to-one Christian care to individuals who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. They are ready to come alongside you or your friends, neighbors, coworkers, or relatives and provide comfort and support for as long after as needed. Each Stephen Minister receives more than 50 hours of training in care giving, and each is carefully and prayerfully selected.
We praise God for all that He is doing through these compassionate ministers. If you want to find out more about the program or process, contact Yvonne Niccum at 484-9208 or Christi Murray at 485-9681 x103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.